Welcome to the SARA Source!
SARA Source is a searchable national catalog of distance education programs offered by SARA-participating institutions.
Begin your search by clicking on SEARCH at the top of this page.
What can I find in the SARA Source?
SARA Source contains program information submitted by SARA-participating institutions. Information includes:
- Subject area of study
- Type of credential offered
- Delivery method
- Instructional language
- Tuition and fees
- Average time to complete
- Institution type
- And more!
The various filters in the searchable catalog allow you to easily find programs that might be of interest based on your search parameters.
What is a SARA-participating institution, and why would I want to attend one?
A college or university that has been approved to participate in SARA may offer distance education programs to students in other SARA member states. Importantly, these institutions have met several requirements that help ensure their quality and student consumer protections, including:
- The institution is a degree-granting institution, appropriately authorized (by Congress, a U.S. state, territory or district, or a federally recognized Indian tribe) to award associate degrees or higher.
- The institution is institutionally accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and whose scope of recognition, as specified by the U.S. Department of Education, includes distance education.
- The institution agrees that, in cases where the institution cannot fully deliver the instruction for which a student has contracted, it will provide a reasonable alternative for delivering the instruction or reasonable financial compensation for the education the student did not receive.
Read more about how SARA works for students, including student consumer protections, afforded by SARA. If you have questions about or need support using the SARA Source, please email email@example.com.
- LEARN MORE: If you are with a SARA-participating college or university and want to learn more about having programs listed in the SARA Source, please see the NC-SARA webpage about participation opportunities.
- ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT: If you are a SARA-participating college or university and already have an account, log in at the top right of this page to access your account.